Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Long Time, No Blog




After a small break of nearly 15 months, I figured I would try and get this thing up and running again. Let's quickly recap everything that has happened since September 2006 when I last posted on here:



  • The St. Louis Cardinals shook off a terrible second half and had an amazing October run to the 2006 World Series title. In 2007, they stunk. Things don't look too much better for 2008.

  • The Fighting Illini football team won 2 games in 2006. This season, they've gone 9-3 and are headed to Pasadena to take on USC in the Rose Bowl. I would've been happy with the Motor City Bowl, but I guess the Rose Bowl will suffice.

  • The Tuscola Warriors won the 2006 Class 1A IHSA Football Championship. They lost in the title game during the 2007 season.

  • The Chicago Bears went to the Super Bowl with great defense, great special teams and an inconsistent offense. They lost to the Colts in the rain in Miami. The 2007 season hasn't been so great and they don't need to worry about the playoffs.

  • I'm sensing a pattern here.

  • The Fighting Illini basketball team is stuck in a rut where all games look the same: pretty good defense, get out to a lead, miss free throws, Brian Randle picks up early fouls, no clutch shooting and blowing a lead in the end. It's like "Groundhog Day" except Bill Murray stopped coming around after the Final Four season.

  • I don't think much else went on in the last 15 months.

So, now we're all caught up. I swear that I am going to try and keep this thing updated regularly. If I don't, just wait until March 2009 and I'll put up five or six posts in a couple days.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home