Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Our Long National Nightmare is Over!!! (For Now)

Whew! Seriously, whew!

Just when it looked like the Cardinals were going to find yet another excruciating way to lose a game (go-ahead run scoring on a wild pitch), El Hombre decides to take matters into his own hands and blasts a 3-run homer to Big Mac Land. Then, Adam Wainwright gets the first two guys in the 9th, gives up a double, but settles down to shut the door and end the losing streak at 8.

I understand that if they make the playoffs, the Cardinals probably won't be around for long. With that said, I'd much rather get waxed in the playoffs than be witness to a historic September collapse. Let's leave that distinction with the 1964 Phillies.

As I write this, the Astros and Pirates are playing a marathon game in Pittsburgh. From the accounts I've read, the Bucs probably should've won this one without going extra innings. Those darned Astros just won't die. Go away and let us all enjoy an October without you!

As I finished typing this, I see that the Astros have gone ahead by a run. It never ends, does it?

3 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger Boski93 said...

The Redbirds should make it to October, but if the Brewers win any of the games this weekend with someone stealing home. Then I would suggest hiding all the sharp objects.

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could anyone direct to the Padres fan club. As of Sunday I am officially the biggest San Diego fan in Central Illinois.

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could anyone direct me to the Padres fan club. As of Sunday I am officially the biggest San Diego fan in Central Illinois.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home